Hi everyone! I am delighted to say that I have been nominated for the Liebster award!
Thanks to Beyond the Bounds and Provincial Woman for nominating me, I am honoured by this wonderful compliment.
May I take this opportunity to also congratulate you both on your nominations you both truly deserve to win this award!
Check out Beyond the Bounds, they have an awesome blog that explores experiences – so inspiring and motivating. You’ll love it!
Also take a look at Provincial Woman, a great blog about getting back to basics and living a wonderful, simple, natural life. Great stuff!
Of course when something as exciting as this happens the first port of call is mama/papa google to find out what it’s all about.
What is the Liebster Award?
According to the Global Aussie Liebster in German means sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing and welcome. All words which I am honoured to have associated with my blog.🙏🏻
Bloggers award for Bloggers
Is an online award for bloggers from bloggers. It’s great when your fellow writers gives you this type of acknowledgement and recognition.
But before we get carried away, there are rules to be followed.
Official rules for 2018 are;
- Thank the person who nominated you and put a link to their blog on your blog.
- Display the award on your blog .
- For the 2018 Liebster Award, Write a small post about what makes you passionate about blog posting.
- Provide 10 random facts about yourself. (optional).
- Nominate 5 – 11 blogs
- List these rules in your post
- Inform the people/blogs that you nominated that they have been nominated for the Liebster award and provide a link for them to your post or to theglobalaussie.com
So Here Goes!
What Makes Me Passionate About Blogging.
I never thought about blogging before starting to build my Desert Retreat. I didn’t feel I had anything worthwhile to blog about.
I started the blog to chart and record our history from the beginning; and for anyone who is interested to follow us on our journey. Hopefully I may inspire a few people along the way.
I have a passion for what I am doing. It’s the manifestation of an actual dream I had in 2015. A dream where I was told by a woman;
“You’re going to the desert in a strange tent that looks like a beehive, many people coming.”
I woke up from that dream feeling confident that yes this is definitely confirmation and guidance for my life’s path and destiny!
I followed my dream and now I blog about it, that’s my passion in a nutshell!
I loved dome buildings from the moment I set eyes on them. So it was wonderful when this dream confirmed that I should embrace them.
If you look at the earthbag dome it does resemble a beehive! How uncanny is that?
I started blogging in January 2018, I just love sharing updates on the growth of this project. My passion for the project is also my passion for blogging they are one of the same thing.
Introducing the many delights of the desert and its surrounding environment to people who perhaps never considered the desert as a holiday destination motivates me.
Sharing posts related health, healing and spirituality is just wonderful, as there’s always something new and vibrant to share.
I also love the interaction from my readers who make some salient points in their comments which I do take on board and sometimes address issues raised in later posts. All great fun!
10 Random Facts About Me
- Am quite petite 5’2″ (157cm) not really too short for a woman. However, people who I speak to me on the phone quite often say when they meet me “I thought you were taller!” How you can gauge someone’s height from a phone call is beyond me!
- I absolutely love animals, two cats currently rule the roost. We’re building a stable for horses and camels and will have a small farmyard at the retreat.
- I like to draw and paint, although I don’t have much time these days. Watch out for some desert landscapes in the future.
- I prefer solitude to crowds. Cities aren’t for me.
- Find The Object Puzzles are what I like to do, to pass the time especially when flying.
- I can’t bear travelling in the back of a vehicle I get motion sickness.
- I absolutely love crystals and have a huge collection.
- My favourite food is Indian cuisine I adore it! There are so many options for non-meat eaters like me. Those wonderful curries and the spices yum!
- I love to travel, so far the only continent I’ve not visited is Australasia and would love to.
- I would love to write a book one day!
Here are questions from by Beyond the Bounds for me;
1. If you could only wear one colour for the rest of your life, what colour would it be?
That would be really difficult to wear only one colour because I love all colours and to be restricted to one would be like a prison in itself. So in order to wear the full spectrum I guess it would have to be white.
2. Who inspires you the most?
Anyone who has the will to determine their own destiny
3. What is the one thing you can’t live without?
Living in the desert has made me evaluate a lot of the stuff that I thought I needed. That said, I would have to say my manicure set, I can’t abide untidy fingernails.
4. What is your biggest fear?
No fear here, Fear = False Evidence Appearing Real. So I see challenges not fear and find the strength to overcome them.
5. What is your favourite childhood memory?
When we got our kitten. I was mesmerized by his cuteness.
6. How did you choose your blog’s name?
It kind of evolved by itself from the name of town Marsa Alam (which I love); and from my passion to create a retreat off the beaten track.
7. What color is your hair?
8. Has your personality or confidence changed in any way since starting your site?
I am more confident writing and exploring different ways of delivering information and expressing my thoughts.
I’ve started writing poetry and I even play around with designing infographics.
9. What is your favorite thing to do in order to de-stress?
Meditation especially with music
10. Which character in a cartoon,movie,book or tv show do you relate to the most?
Difficult one as it could be a different character every day 😊 But Santiago in Paulo Coelho’s The Alchemist would be the closest.
We’re both following our life’s legend that we discovered in a dream. Although Santiago finds that his was right back where he started. Mine will have a different ending though.
Nonetheless I believe we share the same determination, tenacity and faith to follow our conviction to the end wherever that maybe.
Two Liebster Award Nominations What do I do?!
Because I ‘ve had two nominations, not to bore anyone with a long, long, post, I will pick a few questions from Provincial Woman as some of the hers have already been addressed above.
1. What is your favourite thing about blogging?
Finding a creative way to share a topic.
2. If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be?
It has to be a hot or tropical country so where I am now in Egypt is perfect.
4. Do you have a favourite blogger?
Not really there are a few that I like to read so it would be unfair to single out one over the others.
6. What’s your favourite topic to talk about?
Spirituality not to be confused with religion. I like to discuss different perspectives on spirituality
7. If you could spend the day with one person who’s dead or alive, who would it be?
My father who passed when I was a child. I didn’t really get to know him as I was very young. So that would be nice.
8. Where do you see yourself in 10 years time?
Oh that’s a tricky one because I do prefer to not look too far into the future I rather to take one day at a time.
But I guess I can say in 10 years time I would like to be abundant. Content with my life and the choices I’ve made for myself and others.
My Liebster Award Nominees
It’s been a difficult choice because there are so many wonderful blogs out there and people really do work hard to keep delivering wonderful content regularly.
Here are my nominees in no order of preference because they’re all fantastic and doing a great job. I feel they all deserve a chance to win the Liebster Award;
My Questions to My Nominees.
- What is your favourite time of the year?
- Are you the sunrise or the sunset in people’s lives?
- If you were to write a book about yourself what would the title be?
- If you were a super hero, which power would you like to have?
- What does happiness mean for you?
- What emoji best describes your personality?
- If you could use someone else’s brain for the day whose would you choose?
- What would you do with your last £5 (or$5)?
- If money was no object where would you travel in the world?
- Name your best holiday experience, by that I mean relaxing, adventure or something else?
- If you could learn a different language in a day which would you choose and why?
So there you have it folks! Wishing everyone who’s been nominated all the best. The main thing is I hope you have all have fun participating!
Thanks to all our followers and visitiors for your support.